Here are the strawberry-lime ones which were very refreshing, but the lime parts were REALLY sour. I was hoping to make a striped popsicle, but it didn't turn out as nice as I hoped. Oh well, it still tasted good. My husband and kids are big fans of sour candy, so this one was a big hit! Here's how I made it:
1/2 cup pureed strawberries
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon sugar (add more if you would like it sweeter)
1. Mix in the sugar with the lime juice.
2. Depending on how many stripes you would like to have, pour the strawberry puree about 1/3 of the way into your popsicle mold and wait until it is frozen.
3. Once it is frozen, pour the lime juice mixture on top of that until it fills another third of your popsicle mold.
4. Wait until the lime juice mixture is frozen before repeating step 2.
5. Freeze until they are ready. It usually takes about 6 hours if you are using regular popsicle molds. I used the Zoku quick pop maker and it took only about 20 minutes for the popsicles to be ready(I am not getting paid to say this, I just use it and really like it!)
Makes 1 popsicle depending on your popsicle mold size*
*Note: I had enough strawberry puree to make one more popsicle. I made one using just the strawberries and it tasted great. Very refreshing! No extra sugar needed.
And this one is the coffee flavored popsicle. Coffee ice-cream lovers will enjoy this one!
1/2 cup of cooled coffee
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Pour into your popsicle mold and freeze.
3. Once it is frozen, enjoy!
Makes 1 popsicle depending on your popsicle mold size.
I'm so excited that Summer is almost here. Let popsicle-eating season begin!